Case Study NPT Epilepsy - Fitbit Project


The project has been a great success because it has given  MCC volunteers the opportunity and experience  to deliver the project. The IT support given for the Fitbit project was run Neath Library every Wednesday morning over a two month period.

The project was coordinator by Fiona (Assistant Volunteer Coordinator) and MCC volunteer Rhiannon . Rhiannon  shared that supporting the group had help her gain knowledge of how effective the Fitbit was with encouragement of  the participants in how they were able to check how many steps they were doing in the week.

Over the duration the group had support with using emails, job searching, down loading apps and how to keep safe online.  The  group were able to drop in to the IT support sessions in Neath Library which helped them develop further IT skills by registering on the Learn My Way course which gave them extra IT support.

The volunteers shared that it had increased the group’s digital skills and fitness confidence.

Here is a comment off Rhiannon (MCC volunteer) of the experience again working on the Fitbit project

"Over time my confidence and my responsibilities steadily grew towards me becoming a mentor for newer volunteers and a team leader in the I.T support sessions. I was also put in charge of a six week project, newly developed by Fiona Davies and myself which led to an ongoing extra dimension of support offered by the MCC. This led to people becoming more digitally included and at the same time increasing fitness and health in a fun and hugely interactive experience using worn Fit-bit devices and associated apps."

Here is what some of the participants shared about their experience of the Fitbit project 

Claire Howarth shared

"I found having the Fitbit helped me to achieve my daily targets of steps. I also found the exsrcise monitor on the Fibit very good when I went to the gym, the only downside was i could not wear it whist swimming .
I like it that much i  am now in the process of purchasing one for myself."

Kristian Hanford shared

"Avery good useful machine , it measured the amount of steps I did before I went into bed, then I awake the following morning, it started from 0 again the following day.
But I when I did my Fitbit record once a week it showed exactly what I needed to do, to maybe improve my health.
But overall a very good , and helpful item to use for all types of people."

Hannah Barrows shared

"The Fibit was useful to wear but it did show me that need to exercise more. It also showed that I was very active in my sleep."
  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volunteer Hours/Certificates (Updated 14/11/2017)

Job Vacancy (MCC/Admin2017)