Case Study Crynant Community Association –Fitbit project

The project has been a great success because it has given two MCC volunteers the opportunity to deliver the project which was set up by Fiona Davies and Stuart Morgan (Volunteer Coordinators with Melincryddan Community Conference (MCC).

The project was run by two MCC volunteers Anne Bees and Gareth Matthews . The volunteers  shared that supporting the group had help them gain knowledge of how effective the Fitbit was with encouragement of  the participants in how they were able to check how many steps they were doing in the week.

Over the six weeks the group had support with linking in with the Learn My Way which gave them information of using emails, down loading apps and how to keep safe online. Anne and Gareth  were able to promote the Learn My Way  program which  is one of the learning tools that MCC volunteers use to support people who regularly use  the drop in sessions in Neath /Skewen /Glynneath/Pontardawe Library, and Neath/Port Talbot Job Centres.

The volunteers shared that it had increased the group’s digital skills and fitness confidence.


Here is what some of the comments that participants shared about their experience of the Fitbit project. 

Anne  (Volunteer & Participant )  – "Have thoroughly enjoyed coordinating and participating in the Fibit sessions. Personally it has encouraged me to monitor my bpm and steps and know how much exercise I am getting . Also realized I am not getting enough proper sleep. It has been great to explain to members how Fitbit but works and showing them the results on the personal computer, two members have been so encouraged have been so encouraged by it that they are going to purchase their own." 

Lillian   - "I find Fibit makes me to go further every day, if my ankle leaves me. I try my best to get mobile as my age is against me. I was surprised to find I had my first badge."

Alison – "Fitbit has motivated me to calorie count, eat better, encouraged me to take more steps, monitor my heart and exercise routine and a friendly volunteer helps!"

Lillian and Alison both are looking at purchasing a Fitbit in the near future.

Alison as a result of attending Fitbit program has registered with Learn My Way and has nearly completed the program which has improve her IT skills.

Lillian has had support on how to use her iPad over the six weeks and is more confident in using the device.

Stuart – "It has been great to see one of the  MCC volunteers Anne Bees who was trained up on the two days Digital Champion Training course with Digital Communities Wales able to successfully use  her new  skills to  help deliver the Fitbit project to five participants."  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volunteer Hours/Certificates (Updated 14/11/2017)

Job Vacancy (MCC/Admin2017)